Onimusha 3: Demon Siege
- Chests that require 'special keys' are for Michelle and can only be opened when you control her.
- Blue Vest (Location: Forest)
- Effect: Increases speed of enemy soul absorption.
- Red Vest (Location: Sewers)
- Effect: All souls become red, increase soul count.
- White Vest (Location: Sekkai village)
- Effect: Standing still recovers HP.
- Yellow Vest (Location: Underwater Oni Temple)
- Effect: Draw souls out of the enemy every attack.
- Green Vest (Location: Notre Dome)
- Effect: Draw souls and life out from living enemies.
- Orange Vest (Location: Mont-Saint-Michelle)
- Effect: Show enemy HP and Critical timing.
- Purple Vest (Location: Mont-Saint-Michelle.)
- Effect: Less magic power consumed.
- Black Vest (Location: Critical Training)
- Effect: All hits Critical.
- Mt.Hiei: 2
- Sewers: 4
- Sakai: 5
- Notre Dame: 6
- Undersea Temple: 2
- Boulogne Zoo: 7
- Mont-Saint Michell: 9
- Oni Temple: 1
- 1. SAMANOSUKE - Arch of Triumph - Power jewel (puzzle box)
- 2. JACQUES - Mt. Hiei - Oni Jewel
- 3. JACQUES - Mt. Hiei - Power Jewel (puzzle box)
- 4. SAMANOSUKE - Sewers - Oni Jewel (puzzle box)
- 5. SAMANOSUKE - Sewers - Power Jewel
- 6. JACQUES - Senshuu Sakai - Oni Jewel (puzzle box)
- 7. JACQUES - Senshuu Sakai - Power Jewel (puzzle box)
- 8. JACQUES - Naban Ship - Power Jewel (puzzle box), Talisman (puzzle box)
- 9. SAMANOSUKE - Notredame - Oni Jewel (puzzle box), Talisman (puzzle box)
- 10. JACQUES - Undersea Temple - Oni Jewel (puzzle box)
- 11. SAMANOSUKE - Undersea Temple - Power Jewel (puzzle box)
- 12. SAMANOSUKE - Boulogne Zoo - Oni Jewel (puzzle box)
- 13. SAMANOSUKE - Mont-Saint-Michel - Power Jewel (puzzle box)
- 14. JACQUES - Mont-Saint-Michel - Power Jewel
- 15. JACQUES - Azuchi Castle - Oni Jewel (puzzle box)
- 16. SAMANOSUKE - Eiffel Tower - Oni Jewel (puzzle box)
- DEFLECT CRITICAL TRAINING - Power Jewel
- CHAIN CRITICAL TRAINING - Oni Jewel
Onimusha 2: Samurai's Destiny
original Onimusha puzzle: .- 12 -. | . | 8 dab 3 7 c.. 4 | . | '- 65 -' unsolvable in 1 moves (4 moves attempted) unsolvable in 2 moves (20 moves attempted) unsolvable in 3 moves (84 moves attempted) unsolvable in 4 moves (340 moves attempted) unsolvable in 5 moves (1364 moves attempted) SOLVED in 6 moves (168 moves attempted): move: 2 .- 12 -. | | 8 da. 3 7 cb. 4 | .. | '- 65 -' move: 4 .- 12 -. | | 8 da. 3 7 cb. 4 | .. | '- 65 -' move: 6 .- 12 -. | a | 8 db. 3 7 c.. 4 | . | '- 65 -' move: 8 .- 12 -. | a | 8 db. 3 7 c.. 4 | . | '- 65 -' move: 1 .- 12 -. | | 8 ab. 3 7 cd. 4 | .. | '- 65 -' move: 7 .- 12 -. | | 8 ab. 3 7 cd. 4 | .. | '- 65 -' summary - moves: 2, 4, 6, 8, 1, 7
I found a chest with a unlocking puzzle that was pretty hard. It required 6 moves, each with 4 possibilities (3, if you discard the move that undoes the previous move), and as I couldn't figure it out, and wasn't really up for manually trying the 729 different combinations, I wrote a Ruby script for brute-forcing the problem. The script isn't very elegant, but it didn't take very long to write, and it was satisfying to see it solve the puzzle. :) The script is here, and the solution can be seen on the right.
By the way, an example of a more difficult puzzle using the same rules is this:
.- 12 -. | d | 8 c.. 3 7 ..b 4 | a | '- 65 -'
which is unsolvable in anything less than 12 moves (2, 4, 6, 7, 8, 1, 5, 3, 2, 4, 5, 7).
The first time I reached this guy, I didn't play very thouroughly, so I only had the following items to aid me:
- Special M. Liquid (restores some magic)
- Ekei's Keepsake (fully restores health and magic)
After having fought him a million times (and actually beat him once, only to be killed by the Golden Evil Statue), I decided that I could do better. I found an earlier savegame, and played through without using any health and grinding on some robots in the airship (that sounds a bit strange, actually :). So, this time I had a more reasonable inventory:
- 4 Herbs
- 4 Medicines
- Secret Medicine
- Magic Liquid
- Special M. Liquid
- Ekei's Keepsake
and my Senpumaru was fully upgraded, which also should helped a bit. Anyways, it worked! I killed him in the second attempt :). The basic strategy for defeating Nobunaga was this:
- Evade lightning by alternately running to the front and the back of the room.
- Evade tornado by either staying to the far back compared to Nobunaga, or to run in big circles around the room.
- Evade lightning attacks by dodging.
- Evade fire attacks by dodging.
- Evade yellow earth attacks by staying directly below Nobunaga.
My strategy for Nobunaga was then:
- Do all magic attacks with all weapons
- Pound his ass with Buraitou until you are low on energy
- Use Ekei's Keepsake
- Do all magic attacks with Buraitou, Hyoujin-Yari, and Dokoutsui
- Pound him with Buraitou until he starts flying (if he hasn't started already)
- Use all Senpumaru magic attacks
- Use Special M. Liquid
- Use remaining Senpumari magic attacks
- Pound him with Buraitou until he stops living :)
Golden Evil Statue
- Block fireballs.
- Beware of the spikes from the ground (they are marked, so you should just strafe to avoid them)
- When it runs, you run (away from it!).
- Evade flamethrower by running away.
- Evade laser beams by running to the opposite side of the screen.
- Evade flying heads by alternating running from side to side and shooting.